- What is AppsFunder?
- Are you an investment fund?
- You use all-or-nothing funding?
- What is the difference between supporting and funding a project??
- What are milestones?
- Do funders become shareholder of the project?
- Can funders claim rights on patents or any other IP?
- What are the fees you charge?
- What are the charges of the payment providers?
What is AppsFunder?
AppsFunder is a new way to fund mobile apps. We operate on a unique all-or-nothing funding method where projects must be fully funded or no money is transferred.
Are you an investment fund?
AppsFunder is not an investment fund that invests in projects.
You use all-or-nothing funding?
Every milestone of a project must be fully funded before its time expires or no money changes hands.
- It's less risk for everyone. If you need $15,000, it's tough having $5,000 and people expecting you to complete a $15,000 project.
- It allows people to test concepts without risk. If you don't receive the support you want, you're not compelled to go on.
- It motivates. If people want to see a project come to life, they're going to spread the word.
Why funding with milestones?
- Project owners get part of their total funding need quicker.
- Funders get more confidence in the project as more milestones are successfully funded.
- The funders can see what the money will be used for.
What is the difference between supporting and funding a project?
Supporting: People who support the projects with a small amount of money get a pack of rewards and benefits, defined per amount by the project owner.
Funding: People who fund an amount money, gets the opportunity to earn a return on their investment (up to 120% ROI) generated from the sales of the app.
What are milestones?
Milestones is a way to divide the total investment in small parts, based one partial goals that the project needs to achieve. For example: A project of 6.000 $ can be divide in milestones of 3.000 to design and 3.000 to development of the app. The money will be pay to the project owner, when a milestone has been reached. In this case, the project owner will receive the first part of the money when 3.000 $ has been funded. This means that the funding of the project is an ongoing process, which ensure that project will be kept going and that the funders can see what the money is used for.
The milestones will be defined in a collaboration between the project owner and Appsfunder to secure the milestone’s measurability and that it fits project. This process secure that the funding of a project only continues if a milestone is reached in the particular time frame.
Do funders become shareholder of the project?
No. Project owners keep 100% ownership of their company or project.
Can funders claim rights on patents or any other IP?
No, all patents and other IPs remain 100% owned by the project owner.
What are the fees you charge?
We charge 8% on the collected funds per milestone for successfully funded projects – and 5% of the revenue in the first 12 month after app has be published in Apple App Store, Google Play, or Marketplace
What are the charges of the payment providers?
There is a 4% Paypal fee when the funders invest in project. Project owners are not charged anything when receiving the collected funds on their PayPal-account.